Our School organizes several extracurricular activities. We think that learning is not only a simple studying language in classroom, but also students make experience touching Japanese culture may provide them a richer cultural background that will reflect in a deeper understanding of the language. In a year we organize 3 different extracurricular activities and there are 2 training camp before graduation. Participation to events is free. “All students are equal and everybody should be able to relate to Japanese culture” with this ideal in our mind we provide students the opportunities to make their own experience.
- 4 Entrance ceremony・First semester ceremony・Orientation・cherry blossoms viewing (Hanami)
- 5 Medical examinations・Course consultation・Training camp for new students・Trial examination
- 6 EJU(Nihon Ryugaku Shiken)
- 7 Japanese Language Profiency Test (Nihongo Noryoku Shiken)・"Tanabata" Festival・First semester final exam・Summer extracurricular activity
- 8 Summer holydays
- 9 Second semester opening ceremony・Trial examination
- 10 Entrance ceremony・Orientation・Training camp for new students
- 11 EJU(Nihon Ryugaku Shiken)・Autumn extracurricular activity
- 12 Japanese Language Profiency Test (Nihongo Noryoku Shiken)・Second semester final exam・Christmas Party
- 1 Third semester opening ceremony・Hatsumode festivity (New Year's visit to a shrine)
- 2 Setsubun festivity
- 3 Graduation ceremony・Final year ceremony・Hinamatsuri festivity・Third semester final exam・Graduation trip
An important ceremony that marks the start of college life. Student from every part of the world express their feeling and their determination to study. After the ceremony, students and teachers have lunch together.
Training camp for new students
A special event organized by Yamate Japanese Language School is the “Trip Speech contest.” Students will present in turn their feeling and impression about studying in a foreign country in Japanese.
Summer extracurricular activity
After the first semester, all students can participate in the summer extracurricular activity. The destination will be Kamakura(Kanagawa Prefecture) or others.
The trial exam will be held for students to pass many exams such as the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) and the Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT). All students of YAMATE study with the aim to pass a level equal or superior to the JLPT-N2.
Autumn extracurricular activity
In November, all students participate in this avtivity. Destination will be Nikko(Tochigi Prefecture)or others.
At Yamate Japanese Language School Graduation Ceremony girl students have the chance to wear a kimono and take commemorative pictures. The ceremony represents the first step toward a new future. Teachers and current student congratulate with all their heart.
Each year in March, after graduation, current students and graduated students go together to visit Tokyo Disney Land or Disney Sea. This is both for graduated students the last memory of Japanese School and for current students the prize for working hard during a year. It Is a very good opportunity to spend together a memorable day.